Casa Havanesa, since 1885
Restaurant, meeting point, get-together and convivial place
Founded in 1885, Casa Havanesa is one of the oldest establishments in Figueira da Foz. From tobacco shop to drugstore, photography house to bookstore, it has always been at the forefront of Figueira’s society. Its name stems from the tendency of that era to assign the name “Havanesa” to this type of establishment.
In 1907, in addition to tobacco and stationery items, it began selling, among other things, seeds, garden plants, perfumery, painting articles, water, wine, fresh oysters, olives, coffee, honey, butter, canaries, hunting material, cloaks and raincoats, shaving soap, toothpaste, talcum powder, gramophone, typewriters, photographic equipment, all top
quality to satisfy the demanding clientele.