In 1907, in addition to tobacco and stationery items, it began selling, among other things, seeds, garden plants, perfumery, painting articles, water, wine, fresh oysters, olives, coffee, honey, butter, canaries, hunting material, cloaks and raincoats, shaving soap, toothpaste, talcum powder, gramophone, typewriters, photographic equipment, all top quality to satisfy the demanding clientele.
From 1920 on, the sale of books began to have greater relevance, becoming a major activity. At this point, photography and the production of illustrated postcards were an important activity of the house.
Another fact of interest in the history of Havanesa, was the fact that it was at that time an important support for refugee families from countries occupied by Germany. In 2006, Havanesa no longer managed by the original family, was honoured in the person of its owner at the time, Maria Helena Pinto Leite dos Santos Alves by the City Council and an evocative exhibition at the Municipal Museum was held. Since then, until 2012, it remained as a bookstore.
Casa Havanesa in Figueira da Foz has been a meeting point, a convivial space and a get-together reference over several generations. Those characteristics, that spirit and that memory is what we cannot allow to fade away.